This has been a happy year for both me and Unity of Gaithersburg.
If you haven't been with us recently, and arrive at 11:05 on a Sunday morning, you may be challenged with finding a parking place. Consciousness and numbers are expanding. In January, Unity of Gaithersburg called it's 4th minister, (Anne and Allen Quay, Barry Vernard, Roger Goodwin and now me) and I accepted my fourth Unity church invitation. We added an ongoing mid-week Meditation beginning in July, and launched a new branding and website a few days ago. Most importantly, I believe we've begun to grow together as a community in spiritual practice, service and prosperity.
As a community:
- 24 students attend our annual Spiritual Education and Enrichment (SEE) week in June.
- Built community through our fall festival/silent auction raising $3000.
- Supported the larger community by providing 50 children school supplies in the Pack-a-Sack program, supplied 50+ children with Angel tree gifts connected with the Maryland court system, a holiday music concert raising 315 lbs of food and $500 to the local Manna food center.
- 2 teens represent Unity of Gaithersburg at the IYOU conference at Unity Village this summer.
- Upgraded our playground
- Held a women's retreat with 25 women in November
- Started a men's group
- Property repairs to the Quay house, and 113 house.
- Facilitated the denominational program "Enlightened Leaders"
- Deepened our spiritual experience through the Worship Arts program, including congregational Cabaret, original unity themed music, theater productions and fabulous Sunday music.
These accomplishments have been made possible by your generous giving and trusting spirit. I give thanks for you and invite you to rejoice with me in knowing that all of these occurred without formally set goals yet emerged as ours to do together. And we did them.
Join me in gratitude and consider an inspired love offering to continue this mighty work into 2013. Bring your year end contribution to the church, donate on-line (www.unityofgaithersburg.org) or mail to 111 Central Ave Gaithersburg, MD 20877. Our community theme for 2013 is Every Day Sacred Living and I hope you'll join us Sunday for the annual burning bowl/ white stone ceremony to kick this off (all before the Redskins/Cowboy game). Together we are co-creating a vibrant spiritual community awakening love, joy and abundance in all. Here's to trusting the best is yet to be!