Rev. Sheryl has shared this commentary on the five steps to help you as you practice affirmative prayer in your own journey:
- Relaxation: As we breathe, we open our mind and heart. We center our awareness in the present moment and release tension in body and mind.
- Concentration: We focus our attention gently on statements and thoughts of Truth. Two kinds of statements and thoughts of Truth are denials and affirmations. Denials are statements that deny the power we have given to anything that is not true, to any appearance of dis-ease, to negative, limiting thoughts and feelings, and to any belief in separateness. Affirmations are statements that affirm what is already true regardless of outer circumstances or appearances and regardless of whether we believe them. Affirmations affirm the Absolute and claim the truth of Oneness. Affirmations declare the truth of our divinity and what we are capable of being, doing, and expressing.
- Meditation: During meditation, we move into the Silence of our being, that space in which we become aware of Oneness. Meditation opens the space for ideas from our Essence/ Christ Nature/Infinite Wisdom to bubble up into our awareness. In meditation, we allow these divine ideas to flow forth and inspire.
- Realization: From an awareness of Oneness, we claim the truth of what we are. Realization is a knowing, an inner "landing”, a peace. Through realization, “you know, that you know, that you know” that all is well, there is only Love, and there is only Peace, Wholeness, Infinite Abundance and Unbounded Life!
- Thanksgiving: We are/I am grateful from our awareness of Oneness! Feel free to also include in Thanksgiving a celebratory “Yes!” and “Woo Hoo!”
Listen to Rev. Sheryl talk in detail about each of these steps by watching the August 2 lesson on YouTube or Livestream, or downloading the audio from Soundcloud!